REGISTER FOR WORKSHOPS
TUESDAY, SEPT. 13, 2011
FROM 5:30 - 7:30pm
SUNDAY, SEPT. 18, 2011
FROM 10 - 12pm
25 West 45th St. (2nd floor),
New York, NY 10036.
COST: $300 PER PARENT
OR $500 PER COUPLE.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Academic Access is a company dedicated to preparing families for the standardized testing process. Through workshops, we help parents understand their role in this process.
The workshops are offered regularly and discuss the following subjects:
• Explanation of each test, what skills it measures, and how it's designed
• Methods to prepare your child and yourself for the tutoring/testing experience
• Discussion of what to look for when selecting a tutor
• Techniques to measure how your child is doing
• Strategies to reduce anxiety and empower your child
• Discussion of tutoring options
The Academic Access approach focuses on using the test as a tool to develop skills that are transferable into students’ schoolwork. We don’t ignore the high level of anxiety that preparation for standardized tests generates. Instead, we address the issue and provide strategies to overcome these feelings, so that anxiety is minimized and channeled into productive learning. Our goal is to help families view the test as a unique opportunity to improve a student’s academic performance while developing personal learning strategies. The Academic Access learning process is focused on the test within the broader context.